Digital Strategy | Web Design
Identifying Brand Pillars
Brand pillars are the cornerstone of your brand’s content and identity online. It helps you map out the flow of content planning, keeps your message on target, and cultivates a brand culture within your community.
Photo by Tomas Jasovsky
Brand pillars should manifest your core values and direct how you communicate online. For example, if your company is an American food restaurant in Chicago, a few example brand pillars could be:
- American cuisine news and culture
- Chicago community involvement
- Restaurant news and events
- Culinary expertise
- Foodie culture
To help identify your brand pillars ask yourself these five questions:
- What is your mission?
- What are your values?
- What makes you different?
- What can customers expect from you?
- Who are your customers and what are they in to?
Once you have your brand pillars defined, use them as a template to work off of when mapping out your content calendar.